This is a sample text message, that I am editing here. Hope you enjoy.
Nature and scope of Jurisprudence – Classification of Jurisprudence into Schools-Salient features of Analytical, Historical, Philosophical and Sociological Schools..
Schools of Jurisprudence
UNIT-I - 30-Nov-2019 - Nov-30-2019 Sat, 06:15 PM
Nature and scope of Jurisprudence – Classification of Jurisprudence into Schools-Salient features of Analytical, Historical, Philosophical and Sociological Schools.
Meaning of Positivism-Analytical positivism of Bentham and Austin-Kelsen's Pure Theory of Law-Hart's Concept of Law-Dworkin's criticism-Hart-Fuller controversy-Hart-Devlin's debate-Modern trends in Analytical and Normative Jurisprudence-Rawls and Distributive Justice-Nozick and the Minimal State.
Historical and Ancient Indian Jurisprudence-Savigny's concept of Volksgeist-Contribution of Henry Maine; Economic theory of law-Views of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engles; Sociological theories of law- Contribution of Ihering-Contribution of Ehrlich-Duguit's theory of Social Solidarity-Roscoe Pound's Social Engineering and Classification of Interests-American and Scandinavian Realism-Critical Legal Studies Movement.
Theories of Natural Law-Meaning of Natural Law-History of Natural law – Greek origins-Medieval period-View of St.Thomas Acquinas-Period of Renaissance/Reformation-Grotius and International Law- Transcendental Idealism-View of Immanuel Kant":Natural Law and Social Contract theories-Stammler and Natural Law with variable content-Fuller and the Morality of Law-Hart on Natural Law-Finnis and Restatement of Natural law-Positivists and Naturalists debate.
Some good reads on Jurisprudence.
- A Text book of Jurisprudence
1. G.W.Paton: A Text book of Jurisprudence, 4th Edition; Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1972.
2. R.W.M. Dias, Jurisprudence. 5th Edition; Aditya Books Private Ltd., New Delhi, 1994.
- Legal Theory
3. W.Friedmann: Legal Theory, 5th Edition; Columbia University Press, New York
- Lloyd's Introduction to Jurisprudence
4. Dennis Lloyd: Lloyd's Introduction to Jurisprudence, 6th Edition, Sweet and Maxwell, London, 1994.
- The Province and Function of Law
5. Julius Stone: The Province and Function of Law; Associated General Publications Pvt. Ltd. Sydney.
6. Howard Davies and David Holdcraft: Jurisprudence: Texts and Commentary; Butterworths, London, Dublin, Edinburgh, 1991.
7. S.N.Dhyani: Fundamentals of Jurisprudence: The lndian Approach, 2nd Edition, Central Law Agency, Allahabad, 1997.
8. Edgar Bodenheimer: Jurisprudence; The Philosophy and Method of the
- Seeds of Modern Public Law in Ancient Jurisprudence
9. Rama Jois, Seeds of Modern Public Law in Ancient Jurisprudence, Eastern
- Ancient Indian Law-Eternal Values in Manu Smriti
10. Rama Jois, Ancient Indian Law-Eternal Values in Manu Smriti, Universal Law Publishing Co., New Delhi, 2002.
Absoluta sententia expositore non indigetAn absolute judgment needs no expositor.
Abundans cautela non nocetAbundant caution does no harm.
Accessorium non ducit sed sequitur suum principaleAn accessory does not draw, but follows its principal.
Accessorius sequitur - One who is an accessory to the crime cannot be guilty of a more serious crime than the principal offender.
Acta exteriora iudicant interiora secreta - Outward acts indicate the inward intent. Actio non accrevit infra sex annos - The action has not accrued within six years. Actio non datur non damnificato - An action is not given to one who is not injured. Actio personalis moritur cum persona - A personal action dies with the person.BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS